Cheese-Topped Roasted Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; turn to coat.
- Place potato mixture in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan (set bag aside). Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms and garlic to the reserved bag. Add the remaining oil, salt and pepper; turn to coat. Stir into potato mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheeses and herbs.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 129 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 16, 2013
This was so yummy and so easy. I omitted the garlic but added some leftover grilled chicken. I cut the chicken into small chunks and warmed it in the microwave. I then added it to the roasting vegetables during the last five minutes.
Aug 16, 2013
This was so easy and so yummy. I omited the garlic and added some grilled chicken that I had leftover. I warmed the chicken in the microwave and added it to the roasting vegetables during the last five minutes.