Cheese-Topped Roasted Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; turn to coat.
- Place potato mixture in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan (set bag aside). Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms and garlic to the reserved bag. Add the remaining oil, salt and pepper; turn to coat. Stir into potato mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheeses and herbs.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 129 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 16, 2013
This was so yummy and so easy. I omitted the garlic but added some leftover grilled chicken. I cut the chicken into small chunks and warmed it in the microwave. I then added it to the roasting vegetables during the last five minutes.
Aug 16, 2013
This was so easy and so yummy. I omited the garlic and added some grilled chicken that I had leftover. I warmed the chicken in the microwave and added it to the roasting vegetables during the last five minutes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.