Goat Cheese, Pear & Onion Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 3 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 2-3 minutes longer. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with onion mixture to within 1 in. of edges.
- In the same skillet, saute pears in remaining oil until tender. Arrange over onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil, oregano and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 154 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 2, 2015
I have had this flavor combination in a sandwich before, but never thought of topping a pizza with it! Delicious! I used a mandolin to thinly slice the onions and pears which made prep a cinch! Will definitely be making this again.
Jun 18, 2009
I used blue cheese instead of goat cheese because I had it on hand--fabulous.