Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured sheet of parchment, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Mix blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and basil. Spoon blueberry mixture over pastry to within 2 in. of edge. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving the center uncovered.
- Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with goat cheese; bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Top with torn basil leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 308 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 16, 2016
I didn't have a lot of white sugar so I used brown. It was delicious. The goat cheese gives a nice balance to the sweet berries and the bold flavor of basil. Super quick dessert or treat. Definitely keeping this around.
Jun 7, 2016
The freshness of the blueberries really pop in this delightful dish and with the addition of creamy goat cheese and fresh picked basil it really brings out the flavors of summer, and it makes a nice presentation when serving guests.