With just 5 ingredients you can bake up this tender loaf with a colorful swirl of olives. This is a great bread to serve when you are having a large group at home or to take to a potluck.—Ann Major, Oskaloosa, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (30 slices)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sliced pitted green olives
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle olives to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 62 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.