Kung Pao Chicken
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce or 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place remaining cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir in the stock, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in batches in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion and red pepper in remaining oil for 2-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Stir in cilantro and peanuts.
Oct 30, 2019
I most likely would have given this recipe a higher rating but the nutritional information per serving is missing and that’s very important to me.
Sep 14, 2019
There is only a list of ingredients but no directions on assembling the recipe. I love Kung Pao Chicken or with any other meat or shrimp and was looking forward to trying the recipe.