- 5 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 12-in. skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to
- drain. In drippings, cook onion and sausage until the onion is tender; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forKielbasa Skillet Stew
"try to make with non-canned beans....too salty...possibly 1 can of tomato sauce"
"I have been making this since it was first it the magazine, it is very good, esp. on a cold winter's day. A favorite of the men in my family!"
"This was just O.K. It didn't wow me. One thing the ingredients make it pretty nutritious. Yes, I would say it is comfort food. Would I make it again, of course..."
"yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was Delicious"