Jazzed-Up Clam Chowder
No one ever guesses that my dressed-up chowder comes from canned ingredients. —Josephine Piro, Easton, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes4 servings (1 quart)
- 1 can (19 ounces) chunky New England clam chowder
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the clam chowder, corn and milk. Cover and microwave on high until heated through, 4-6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Sprinkle servings with cheese, bacon and chives.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 211 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 31, 2011
This was super easy and fast to put together. Instead of making it in the microwave, I made it on the stove and instead of chives, I used green onions. My family raved about it. I will definitely make this quick dish again.