Jalapeno Cornbread Filled with Blueberry Quick Jam Recipe
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, vinegar and kosher salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Cool completely. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- For cornbread, preheat oven to 350°. Combine milk and lemon juice; let stand briefly. In another bowl, whisk next five ingredients. In a small bowl, microwave butter and honey on high for 30 seconds; cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs and oil into milk mixture (mixture may appear curdled). Add butter mixture; whisk until well combined. Add flour mixture; whisk just until combined. Fold in jalapenos.
- Pour 2 cups batter into a well-buttered 10-in. fluted tube pan. Spoon half to three-fourths of blueberry quick jam over batter. Cover with remaining batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; invert onto a cake plate or serving platter. Drizzle with remaining blueberry quick jam. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forJalapeno Cornbread Filled with Blueberry Quick Jam
"Just made this and taste tested it on my neighbors. All of us gave it two thumbs up. Initial bite gives you the blueberry sweetness and then finishes with a kick of the jalapeno heat. Nice balance of flavors."
"Oh. My. Gosh. This was such an unexpected dish. I would have never thought to put cornbread in a Bundt pan, but it makes it so fun. I loved the combo of blueberry jam, jalapenos and cornbread. I can't wait to make this for a potluck!!!"