- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 24 to 30 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Meanwhile, remove mushroom stems from caps; set caps aside. Mince half the stems and discard the rest. Add minced stems to bacon and drippings, saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Firmly stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forItalian Stuffed Mushrooms
"These are good. Stuffing did have an Italian flair. Loved the tomato in there."
"Been making these for years they are truly gourmet restaurant quality---divine!!!"
"I have been making these since it came out in the magazine many years ago. These mushrooms are wonderful and loved by all who tries them. You can't make enough!"
"easy to make and so delicious! Fed them to my Bunco group and they absolutely loved the flavor. I had to make a dozen copies of the recipe for them. This will be my tradition when it's my turn for hosting the game."