Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 24 baby portobello mushrooms (about 1 pound), stems removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sliced Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place mayonnaise, Asiago cheese, basil and pepper in a food processor; process until blended.
- Drain juices from mushrooms. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon mayonnaise mixture; top each with a tomato half.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 35 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2016
I loved the uniqueness of this stuffed mushroom recipe. It was a good use of the basil from the garden.
Jan 12, 2012
Very easy to make and quite tasty. My husband had been wanting me to make a portobello dish and I thought this sounded yummy. It was.
Dec 13, 2009
I might use a little less basil next time. :)