- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 Florentine Meatballs (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, sour cream, water, salt and pepper. Add meatballs; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Stroganoff
"We really enjoyed this! I used frozen turkey Italian meatballs and omitted the mushrooms because my has and doesn't like them."
"This was an easy and tasty meal... Left out the mushrooms, added an extra garlic clove, and thinned it out with a little milk to make it a little more saucy... Great served over egg noodles tossed with a little butter and herbed green peas..."