This is a unique and easy way to cook spaghetti squash. Be sure the squash is on the small or medium side so that it fits into the slow cooker after being cut in half. —Melissa Brooks, Sparta, Wisconsin
Featured In: 40 Hearty Vegetarian Recipes for the Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Fill with tomatoes and mushrooms; sprinkle with seasonings. Place in an oval 7-qt. slow cooker, tilting one slightly to fit.
- Cook, covered, on low until squash is tender, 6-8 hours. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. To serve, cut each half into two portions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spaghetti Squash in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p82
Reviews forItalian Spaghetti Squash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review