- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side up, in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Combine mushrooms, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; spoon over squash. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until squash is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate spaghetti squash strands. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Spaghetti Squash
"This was delicious. I baked mine in the oven. I didn't have mushrooms so I substituted a can of green beans to use in the filling."
"easy and tastes great! I added some italian seasonings, just because i can't leave good enough alone - yummy!"
"It was very easy to put together I loved the taste"