- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Fill with tomatoes and mushrooms; sprinkle with seasonings. Place in an oval 7-qt. slow cooker, tilting one slightly to fit.
- Cook, covered, on low until squash is tender, 6-8 hours. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. To serve, cut each half into two portions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forItalian Spaghetti Squash
"This was delicious. I baked mine in the oven. I didn't have mushrooms so I substituted a can of green beans to use in the filling."
"easy and tastes great! I added some italian seasonings, just because i can't leave good enough alone - yummy!"
"It was very easy to put together I loved the taste"