This is a unique and easy way to cook spaghetti squash. Be sure the squash is on the small or medium side so that it fits into the slow cooker after being cut in half. —Melissa Brooks, Sparta, Wisconsin
Featured In: 40 Hearty Vegetarian Recipes for the Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side up, in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Combine mushrooms, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; spoon over squash. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until squash is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate spaghetti squash strands. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spaghetti Squash in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p82
Reviews forItalian Spaghetti Squash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review