- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, oregano, parsley flakes and thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (19 ounces) Italian sausage links
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 40 minutes. Stir in olives.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions for al dente. Cook sausages in a large skillet according to package directions; drain. Remove sausages and cut in half widthwise. In the same skillet, cook and stir spinach over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until wilted; drain spinach and squeeze dry.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and spinach. Spread 3 cups sauce mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on each noodle. Place a sausage half on a short end; carefully roll up. Cut in half widthwise; place ruffle side up in sauce mixture. Repeat with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture and sausages.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture over rolls; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining sauce mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forItalian Sausage Lasagna Rolls
"This is great alternative to the traditional lasagna dish. I cut the recipe in half using an 11x 7 inch pan while utilizing the existing cooking times with perfect results."