Hot Dog Mummies with Honey Mustard Dip
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makes20 appetizers (about 1 cup dip)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 20 miniature hot dogs
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Separate crescent roll dough into two rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Cut each rectangle horizontally into 10 strips. Wrap one strip around each hot dog.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over tops. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Using mustard, add eyes. In a small bowl, combine the dip ingredients; serve with mummies.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer with 2 teaspoons dip: 128 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 4, 2016
I should have doubled the batch when I made these for the neighborhood kids for our Halloween appetizer night. They all loved them! These are so easy. My 4 year old helped and she can't wait to make them again next year.