Hot Dog Chowder
“I've found this recipe to be a favorite to serve to any of our 23 grandchildren. They always love hot dogs!” This creamy soup features hearty hash browns and vegetables, too. Carolyn Zimmerman - Fairbury, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hot dogs, sliced
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in hot dog slices and 2-1/2 cups milk. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Frank-Potato Chowder in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.