- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly, but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHomemade Sage Sausage Patties
"Lots of flavor. Couldn't find ground pork, so I substituted ground lamb."
"We really liked these! Nice flavor and none of the gristle & junk usually found in commercial sausage."