Apple-Sage Sausage Patties
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 large apple
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Peel and coarsely shred apple; place apple in a colander over a plate. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, parsley, sage, garlic, seasonings and apple. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into sixteen 2-in. patties. Place patties on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. In batches, cook patties 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 165°, adding more oil as needed.
Freeze option: Place uncooked patties on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pans and transfer to a freezer container; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties as directed, increasing time to 4-5 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts1 patty: 79 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2019
I froze these ahead of time and heated them the day of my brunch. Very moist and easy to heat while I was working on other stove top recipes. Leftovers heated up moist the next day too.