Apple Sausage Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links, cut diagonally in 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh Bartlett pears
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut each slice of bread into 12 cubes; scatter over a 15x10-in. pan. Bake until toasted, 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine next six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and heated through, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Divide salad greens among six dinner-size plates; add sausage to each plate. Top with pear slices, walnuts, cherries and croutons. Shake dressing again; spoon over salad and serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 404 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 12, 2017
Delicious! The whole family really enjoyed this salad!
Nov 14, 2016
Wow! The best croutons I have ever eaten! I added pistachios, a chopped apple, and a shredded carrot. So delicious! Thanks Kim, for sharing this recipe!
Oct 19, 2016
Absolutely loved this! The vinaigrette is amazing and the combo is great! I had picky eaters so I left off the walnuts and cherries and added a Cinnamon Apple cheese from Happy Farms!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.