Sage Breakfast Patties
You'll want to skip store-bought breakfast patties when you try this simple recipe. It combines ground turkey and pork with plenty of sage and other seasonings for terrific flavor.—Laura McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey and pork over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eighteen 2-in. patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 78 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat.
Originally published as Lite Turkey Sausage in Country Woman Christmas 2008