Blue Plate Beef Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In an ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 438 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Jan 3, 2016
I've been making this recipe for years. The horseradish really makes a great sauce!
Dec 7, 2014
Nice change from meatloaf or regular hamburger for an easy meal.
Oct 25, 2014
Love it! I have made this numerous time with mashed potatoes. I omit the horseradish.
Feb 16, 2014
We are not big fans of horseradish. Do you taste it when cooked?
Jun 6, 2013
I clipped this out of the magazine forever ago - and just found it again. This is now my son's new favorite - easy, hot and hearty.
Dec 20, 2012
This is delicious! Easy to ake, it has a wonderful flavor. A great family dinner nd for casual company. I made it little bit easier by using canned mushrooms.
Jun 19, 2012
My husband said this was the best ever and wants me to make it more often
May 24, 2012
This is really easy to make i make just a big meat loaf and bake it for about 45 min.to 1 hour
Jan 24, 2012
It was just ok. I won't make again.
Dec 6, 2011
This is by far my sons favorite dish, loves it for valentines day in the shape of a heart
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.