Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- Combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill burgers, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, spread 2 tablespoons butter over one side of Texas toast slices; grill with burgers until golden brown. Remove burgers and toast from heat; keep warm.
- Increase heat to high. In a large skillet on grill rack, heat oil. Drop hash browns by 1/2 cupfuls into oil; press to flatten. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Fry, covered, until golden brown on each side and crisp, 12-15 minutes, adding oil as needed. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. In same skillet, heat remaining butter. Add eggs; fry over easy.
- To assemble, spread blackberry preserves over four slices of Texas toast. Layer each slice with one hash brown patty, one burger, one fried egg, one cheese slice and two bacon strips. Top with remaining toast slices.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 859 calories, 49g fat (19g saturated fat), 307mg cholesterol, 1703mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 45g protein.
Jul 9, 2017
There's a lot going on with these burgers, but it all works together really well. My favorite part of it is the fried egg and crispy potatoes. My husband and I both agree that it reminds us of something we would get at our local gourmet burger restaurant.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.