Homemade Sage Sausage Patties
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook patties over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 6-8 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts1 patty: 162 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Jun 28, 2020
Good flavor. I found I needed to refrigerate the mixture before forming into patties. I cooked them all on a cast iron griddle pan on the grill and froze the rest to have on hand for future breakfasts. Just thaw and reheat, and they are ready to go.
Aug 1, 2015
Lots of flavor. Couldn't find ground pork, so I substituted ground lamb.
Apr 7, 2013
Jan 24, 2010
We really liked these! Nice flavor and none of the gristle & junk usually found in commercial sausage.