Homemade Sage Sausage Patties
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly, but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook patties over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° 6-8 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts1 patty: 162 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2015
Lots of flavor. Couldn't find ground pork, so I substituted ground lamb.
Apr 7, 2013
Jan 24, 2010
We really liked these! Nice flavor and none of the gristle & junk usually found in commercial sausage.