Holiday Baked Ham
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked smoked half ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine preserves, butter and mustard; heat through. Remove ham from oven. Spoon preserves mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked ham: 199 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1788mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 20, 2018
I didn't have apricot preserves on hand so I used peach which worked fine. The ham tasted good especially the hint of clove flavor near the edge.
Dec 16, 2017
My first time ever making this & it was great , we loved it ..
Jan 8, 2012
It was very tasty and enjoyed by all. Next time, I will try a few deep cuts into the ham for marinade injection. Definitely will make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.