- 8 medium ears sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place corn in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; spread over corn. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn; covered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cut string and peel back husks. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Grilled Corn on the Cob
"This tasted good, but don't think it's worth all the extra work. I will stick to just boiling the corn. I agree that the grilled corn husks made a mess!"
"Delicious! I only wished we had eaten outside as the grilled husks made a huge mess of my kitchen."
"This was an easy way to prepare the corn, and the corn itself was tasty, but i didn't find that the spices added anything to it. I will perhaps continue grilling it in this fashion, but adding your recipe for "parmesan corn on the cob" which is a favorite butter sauce we like to use."
"this was a very easy and fast recipe. my family and i couldn't really tell any difference in flavor from regular grilled corn on the cob. they were alright but not fantastic, i might make them on a rare occasion but they will not be a staple in my house."
"I made this corn for our Memorial Day cookout and my family & friends loved it. It will be a staple for seasons to come!"
"This is WONDERFUL! I think it would be great if you added some garlic to the butter sauce. I will try that next time, it has great flavor to it and very easy to do! Thanks for sharing this :)"
"I made this for my 4th of July cookout and everyone loved it. I cook without added salt so I used the butter with Mrs. Dash table blend, pepper, and dried basil (didn't have fresh). Will definitely make it again!"