Kathy’s Herbed Corn
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ears sweet corn, husked
- In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until blended. Spread 1 tablespoon mixture over each ear of corn. Wrap corn individually in heavy-duty foil.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat until tender, turning occasionally, 10-15 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 179 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
May 13, 2017
Awesome! Simply, awesome!
Jul 23, 2016
Delicious! I used all the ingredients, but I removed the corn from the cob and sauteed all in a non-stick skillet. Substituted fresh thyme for the dried. Enjoyed every bite!!!
Feb 8, 2016
I thought this was a great recipe, but the husband said they were just so-so.
Aug 31, 2013
The first time I made this, it was great! I only used a pinch of cayenne. The second time, I had run out of dried thyme and used GROUND thyme and 1/2 tsp cayenne. It overpowered and was bitter. Will go back to my first attempt with dried thyme when I will definitely make again. It cooks well in oven too.
Aug 8, 2013
Our favorite way to cook corn!!!
Jul 8, 2013
My husband said this was THE BEST corn on the cob he's ever eaten... We don't like cayenne so I omitted that...
Jul 6, 2013
Tried this one out for a bunch of friends at our 4th of July cookout.... it was a huge hit! I might add a touch more salt to it, but thats just me. I also used garlic chives bc thats what I have growing in the back yard...YUM!
Jul 2, 2013
We love corn on the grill. This was very tasty but a bit to spicy for us. We substituted smoke paprika for the cayenne pepper and it was perfect!!
Jun 19, 2013