Hearty Breaded Fish Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices sweet onion
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, cayenne and parsley. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill buns over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, relish and minced onion; spread over bun bottoms. Top with cod, lettuce, tomato and onion; replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 292 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Feb 6, 2016
Pretty good! I made it in the oven as well. I used tilapia and baked it at 350 for 20 minutes.
May 31, 2012
I normaly don't like fish sandwiches but I have to say this is the best fish sandwich I have ever had. I did use pita bread instead of a bun and it was great.
Apr 26, 2012
I baked the fish instead of grilling ( I think it would fall apart on the grill) and it still turned out great!
Apr 26, 2012
I baked these instead of grilling but they turned out great!
Apr 20, 2012
I baked the fish instead of grill/broil because I also baked sweet potato fries along with it. Very yummy, low cal. Also used Sandwich Thins instead of buns to cut down on the carbs.