- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- Wonton strips, optional
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble chicken with mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in soy sauce.
- Add coleslaw mix; cook and stir until wilted, 3-4 minutes. Stir in sesame oil. Serve with rice and sweet-and-sour sauce. If desired, top with wonton strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHealthier-than-Egg Rolls
"Wow!!! This is so good! I did like it better before I added the Sesame oil. Added a pinch of Chinese 5 spice for a bit more flavor. My husband loves egg rolls but we both want to get some weight off, and this helps us not feel so deprived"
"My family loved this!!! I have three teenagers so decided to double it - I did not need to. I did not have the sesame oil. A keeper and will make again."