Hawaiian Ham Strata
I came up with this recipe because I love Hawaiian pizza, and wanted a casserole I could make ahead and pop in the oven at the last minute. This is a perfect main dish to take along to a potluck.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min. + standing
- 8 English muffins, cut into eighths and toasted
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine first five ingredients. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish; top with cheeses.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour sauce over layers, pushing down, if necessary, with the back of a spoon to ensure muffins absorb liquid. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until strata is golden and bubbly, 30-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 515 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 1512mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Hawaiian Ham Strata in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.