Mustard Ham Strata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 12 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 7 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer bread cubes, ham, green pepper, cheeses and onion. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 198 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 31, 2014
I have made this several times for large brunch gatherings, where I double or triple the recipe. It seems to please everybody. I've also halved the recipe and baked it in a square pan for just the two of us.
Jan 2, 2012
This was a fantastic recipe and easy to make. I had to cook it about 15 minutes longer at 350 to get it to firm up.
Dec 4, 2009
Made this as directed except omitted salt. I should have added it, but overall this is an excellent recipe, one I will definitely make again. Used sourdough (with crusts) & it came out wonderful.