Ham ‘n’ Cheese Brunch Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer each with a slice of cheese, ham and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove to a cutting board; cut each sandwich lengthwise into thirds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 489 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1577mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Aug 27, 2012
Just the fact that they are strips makes it easy to hand them out in"to-go" bags as the kids take off in a rush so they don't have to scarf things down before they get out of the car
Aug 20, 2012
opps sorry I meant swiss - sorry!!!
Aug 20, 2012
The idea of something simple to compliment eggs - Great! here goes with the fix. Forget the American cheese and the mustard and go with ham and cream cheese (any variety - vegetable sounds pretty tasty)
Aug 19, 2012
WOW....this is a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, really, you need a recipe for something like this? Granted it is a delicious sandwich...but a recipe for it?