Ham Mushroom Fettuccine
I like the fact that I can make this creamy pasta toss in about half an hour, yet it tastes like I spent hours in the kitchen. It's also a great way to use up leftover ham. —Michelle Armistead of Keyport, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound fully cooked lean ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in oil until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to skillet; saute for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes longer. Stir in the flour, rosemary and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add peas and sour cream. Cook 2 minutes longer. Drain fettuccine; stir into the mushroom mixture. Add ham; heat through.