Ham It Up Primavera
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the ham, peas, onions, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; toss to combine. Serve with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 417 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
May 4, 2014
Love It. Can also be used as a great side dish, without the ham.
Apr 14, 2013
Great way to use leftover ham. I cut the recipe in half. Delicious.
Mar 12, 2013
I have made this multiple times and get raves every time. Kids eat up the vegetables with no second thought.
Aug 16, 2011
This meal was fantastic! Great taste! My husband loved it and my 4 yr old cleaned his plate!! Definitely agree with the others in that a lot of the prep can be done in advance. Will make this again very soon!
Aug 2, 2011
This recipe is simple and delicious! Even my kids ate most of the veggies, which is saying alot! I shared it with family, and friends and they all loved it, too. Delicious!
Jul 27, 2011
WOW! this was delicious. Everyone loved it and the leftovers didn't last long. So fresh and summery.
Jun 7, 2011
LOVED this recipe. Simple, easy, and quick (cut up the veggies prior and it's even faster!). I used the magazine's suggestion and accompanied this dish with the Sweet Onion Bread Skillet (made on leftover beer bread instead of refrig pastry crust) and the meal was perfect. Going in the recipe box. :)
Jun 5, 2011
This one wasn't what I had hoped it would be. The flavors just didn't quite come together.
Jun 2, 2011
I precut all the veggies the night before. The next day, cooking this dish went so fast!
May 31, 2011
I would definately make this again. My husband and our young children loved it. It is a great meal that can be prepped ahead of time for those busy weekday nights. Caution: it serves 12 - great for company when you don't want to be stuck in the kitchen. I'll have to half it for just the family.