Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup, milk, onion, parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Drain spaghetti; add to soup mixture with ham.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer or until lightly browned and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 433 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 922mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Mar 11, 2015
Jun 20, 2009
We've been making this since it came out in Jan/Feb 1999 Quick Cooking. Everyone from kids to adults likes it. We halve the recipe for our family. I, too, save on the fat by using reduced-fat soup and cheese, as well as skim milk -- or sometimes dry skim milk reconstituted with chicken broth. I also find that 3/4 cup cheese sprinkled on the top of our half-recipe is plenty for our family. I usually add some celery seeds and Tabasco sauce to the seasonings.
Jun 2, 2009
This yummy dish tastes a bit like chicken spaghetti. I was out of parsley so I substituted chives. I was pleasantly surprised how quick and easy it was to prepare!
Mar 7, 2009
I thought this dish was just okay, but my kids and my husband raved on and on about it! Surprisingly, my husband said, "this is not one that it would be okay to make again, but this is one you HAVE to make again." I cut down on calories and fat content by using 98% fat free soups and fat-free milk. I do this in about every recipe I can. Thanks for this family pleasing recipe.
Jan 11, 2009
This has become a regular at our house. I find the recipe as is to be a bit too saucy so I always cut the sauce or double the pasta to make 2 and freeze one.
May 4, 2008
Making this dish for dinner tonight. Have made it twice already, with delicious results. In place of ham, am trying beef franks this time.