Creamy Chicken Primavera
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter. Add the cream, basil, chicken and salt; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve over pasta.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 602 calories, 57g fat (35g saturated fat), 230mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2015
This was delicious! We don't care for mushrooms so I substituted a cup of frozen peas. I also used a combination of Mexican crema and half-n-half for the whipping cream since that's what I had on hand.
Feb 20, 2012
Great meal and fast! Impressive to serve for company...
Nov 11, 2011