Easy and Elegant Ham
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) sliced pineapple
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (about 6 pounds), cut in half
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice aside. Place half of the pineapple in an ungreased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with the ham pieces. Add cherries, remaining pineapple and reserved pineapple juice. Spoon marmalade over ham. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Remove to a warm serving platter. Serve pineapple and cherries with sliced ham.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces: 212 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1424mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Apr 1, 2018
I am not a ham fan, but this was AWESOME! I don't know what went wrong with the girl who said this was dry, because this is the most tender, juiciest ham I have ever had. Hands down. The. Best. What I did different was 1) the ham -- I shopped late and my choices were limited so I ended up with a 7 pound, cured and fully cooked semi-boneless; 2) what I thought was pineapple slices in my pantry turned out to be pineapple chunks -- still delicious; 3) I had a 17 ounce jar of marmalade and while I did not use 17 ounces, I may have used a bit more than 12. My sides were homemade scalloped potatoes, Italian green beans, devilled eggs, salad, and fresh garlic bread. Best Easter meal I have ever made! :)
Dec 17, 2017
When they say cook in half, does it mean long wise or down the middle.
Apr 1, 2017
What is meant by "top with the ham pieces?" What ham pieces.
Mar 23, 2016
Wonderful, old-fashioned recipe! BobbiMinko: it means you cut the ham in half and cook BOTH pieces, presumably to help it cook a bit faster in the crockpot. Hope you enjoy it!
Mar 22, 2016
Mar 22, 2016
It says ham (halved) are you only supposed to cook half of the ham?
Dec 24, 2015
The ham was excellent. Didn't care for the fruit after it was baked on the ham.
Nov 26, 2015
I first made this recipe about 8 years ago. It has consistently been a hit with everyone I have served it to. Best yet the leftover ham is terrific for soup, casseroles, or sandwiches! This happens every holiday at our house by family request.
Apr 22, 2015
This recipe is easy and tastes awesome!
Jan 1, 2015
I made for Christmas dinner again this year. Did not have orange marmalade, so I used peach preserves instead. Still tender and delicious ham. Will make again at Easter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.