When I want a filling meal that even the kids enjoy, I toss ham and sugar snap peas with Romano cream sauce and pasta. —C.R. Monachino, Kenmore, New York
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fully cooked ham, cut into strips (about 5 cups)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add ham and peas; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in cream, cheese and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and peas are crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Pea Pasta Alfredo in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Reviews forHam and Pea Pasta Alfredo
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2015
"delicious the only changes I made was 4 tablespoons of butter and I only had Asiago cheese to grate on top also a splash of white wine, will definately make it again"