- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups (about 8 ounces) cubed day-old French bread
- 2 cups cubed deli ham
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and onion is tender. Add spinach and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add bread, ham and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over bread. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked strata, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHam & Brie Strata
"Love this recipe, especially with the mushrooms in it - not a huge fan of ham so used sausage and it worked out great - this will be in our regular rotation - serving it this weekend of the 4th of July to a group of friends visiting. Thanks for sharing."
"I had the chance to make this strata yesterday and it was lip-smacking delicious! I couldn't find French bread, so I used 2 French baguettes. I also bought sliced deli ham which I shredded, rather than cubed! This recipe was an impressive dish to both present AND taste! Volunteer Field Editor"