Grilled Bourbon Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup bourbon or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, mix bourbon, brown sugar, mustard and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Mix onion powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with about 4 teaspoons sauce: 390 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Jun 23, 2018
I followed directions without changes. Flavorful chops, I highly recommend!
Apr 15, 2018
Found the sauce needed some tweaking. I had fried the pork chops so I added some water to the pan drippigs and boiled to reduce. Added the reduced pan drippings to the recipe sauce along with some fresh orange juice. Wasnt too bad after that.
Dec 11, 2016
I had high expectations for this recipe but I must say they fell short. Made as directed except used thicker chops. The flavor was good and nothing to complain about but I have much better, more flavorful chop recipes.
Oct 10, 2016
We had these chops based on MarineMom's review on FB. Yum! We, too used thicker bone-in chops. The sauce is delicious! We will definitely enjoy this recipe again and again!
Sep 26, 2016
I prepared these chops tonight. I followed the recipe using bourbon but did use thicker boned chops. Hubby loved the chops but he likes bourbon. I am not fond of bourbon so I would have preferred the apple juice. The recipe was delicious and so easy to prepare. Next time I may try the apple juice. Hubby cleaned his plate. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.