- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread and cake mixes. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, water and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Add chilies and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forGreen Chili Corn Muffins
"These are really really good - I did substitute a pepper jack cheese and just a sprinkle of chili powder - huge hit at our house."
"Loved the sweetness of these. The only thing I'd change next time is adding some fresh jalapenos for a little more kick. The chilies were too bland for my liking with the sweetness of the cake mix. Also I won't sprinkle with cheese next time."
"Thanks for this great recipe! The muffins are light and delicious. I put all the cheese in the mix and made a savory topping with cream cheese, honey, hot sauce, buttermilk and some of the chilis. Garnished with small red pepper slices."
"Flavor is okay, but the cheese on top hardens in a few minutes and is gross. I'd rather just make a box of Jiffy cornbread mix than make these again."