- 1 quart water
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh savory or 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine water, beans, potatoes, ham, carrot, onion, bay leaf, parsley, savory, bouillon, pepper and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Before serving, remove bay leaf and parsley and savory sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGreen Bean Soup
"Great for my gluten free lifestyle! Very good to take to work. Ham was not on sale so I used kielbasa, very good in the soup."