Greek Zucchini & Feta Bake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 large onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini, half of the onions and 1/2 teaspoon oregano; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining vegetables. Return previously cooked vegetables to pan. Stir in salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and baking powder until blended; whisk in yogurt and flour just until blended. Stir in cheese, parsley and zucchini mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 231 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Sep 6, 2019
Wasn't overly impressed. Followed the recipe to the letter and after baking for the recommended time, I took it out of the oven and it looked just like the picture, until I cut into it. The center hadn't cooked, the flour was doughy, like an undercooked pancake and it was 'weepy', a lot excess water. A major disappointment.
Apr 16, 2019
Delicious definitely a keeper. Made as is but I’m trying a version as an appetizer. Shredded zucchini and put in a mini cupcake tin. We’ll see!
Apr 16, 2018
This was super tasty! Followed the directions exactly and it came out perfect. Works great as a side dish for grilled chicken.