Greek Fish Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cod in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with green pepper, onion and olives.
- Pour tomato sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with toppings: 246 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 17, 2019
Didn’t have much time, so made it in skillet- turned out great. Usedblack olives instead of Greek. Yummy!
Feb 20, 2018
I used frozen 3 peppers and onion to make it easier.
Oct 2, 2016
I loved this recipe for cod!! It's very easy to make and is loaded with the flavors of the Mediterranean. I added a can of diced tomatoes to the ingredients and instead of slicing the green pepper and onion I chopped them ... also, I used the olives whole for the appearance. I will be making this again .... maybe use capers instead of olives the next time. Served with brown rice and mixed vegetables, this is a light and delicious meal.