What do you get when you combine a popular mint-chocolate drink with a cheesecake? Pure delight! Garnish the top with piped whipped cream and cookie crumbs. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Featured In: Holiday Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 35 chocolate wafers, finely crushed (about 1-2/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup green creme de menthe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press half of mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Stir in creme de menthe. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped cream for garnish. Fold remaining whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the filling over crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish. Pour remaining filling into pan; garnish with reserved whipped cream. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill until set. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grasshopper Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p147
Reviews forGrasshopper Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2014
"Very easy to make and delicious. It was so light, great as a little treat after a big meal."
Reviewed May. 29, 2014