Golden State Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in the milk, broth and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 238 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 21, 2016
This soup is so rich and creamy and so quick and simple to throw together. I get raves about it every time I make it. I have made no other mushroom soup since finding this recipe. It's awesome! Every time!
Sep 19, 2015
Best mushroom soup I've made. I did subsitute Half & Half for the sour cream. I also added more mushrooms as my family loves them. The second time I made the soup I used green onions sliced and like the flavor and presentation of the green in the soup.
Jan 31, 2013
Amazing soup. Have made it twice in one week! Rich and flavorful
Mar 3, 2010
My family loves the soup and I have made it many times. I have a 4H group come to my house once a month and a couple of the teens showed up early, I offered them some soup and they had to get the recipe for their family!!!