Morel Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh morel or other mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle mushrooms with lemon juice. In a saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir well. Gradually add milk, bouillon, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 198 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2009
I make this soup every year with the morels that my husband brings home every year. It is so delicious, and easy to make.
May 8, 2009
Thanks for this fantastic recipe, it tastes great and is so easy to make.. Didn't know what to do with the morels, you helped out alot.