Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, mix oats and milk; let stand 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt.
- Stir eggs and oil into oat mixture. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a freezer container. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 5-10 minutes. Or, place 2 pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through.
2 pancakes: 270 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.