Golden Apple Bundles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine apples, walnuts, brown sugar, raisins, flour, lemon zest and cinnamon; set aside.
- Roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 5-in. circles. Spoon about 1/4 cup apple mixture into center of each circle. Moisten edges of pastry with water. Fold over and seal edges with a fork.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400° bake 10 minutes. Brush each with milk and sprinkle with sugar; return to oven for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 253 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2015
I started with my mum's flaky buttery pie crust recipe. I had alittle bit leftover after making an apple pie. So I rolled it out into 2 small circles first I brush it with alittle melted butter then add about 2tablespoons of apricot jam and a marshmallow , seal the edges with a fork and brush with beaten egg whites, 2 small slits on top to breathe bake till golden brown. The grandkids loved them so much that I make it twice a week for their breakfast and snacks. The best part is you can use your families favorite jams, chocolates, caramel or other flavors. I also add whipped cream or ice cream. if you don't want sweets, you can use ham and cheese or turkey and cheese, how about hot pastromi. Mustard, horseradish or your favorite sandwich spread. There are so many combinations pick your favorites. The grandkids call these Gmama's poptart surprise!! They enjoy them so much cause I make them with love. And they will love you more for making these delicious pastries. ENJOY!!
Oct 9, 2014
I was short on time, and I had one Pillsbury pie refrigerated pie crust and some apples that needed to be used, so I modified this recipe by making one large bundle rather than several small bundles. I dumped all of the apple mixture in the center of the one round pie crust and folded the pie crust around the apple mixture, leaving about a three inch square of apples exposed on the top. I followed the instructions exactly, except I omitted raisins and extended the last five minutes in the oven to ten. Perfect!
Sep 10, 2014
I needed something fast so I just used can pie filling, not as good but they were a hit.
Dec 19, 2012
Sorry...I forgot to rate these lucious pies! These are going to be our Christmas pie. Kids are going to love them just like they kove ne!!
Dec 19, 2012
YUMMM!! Perfect taste and size....especially for children and us on diets1
Aug 23, 2008
These are delicious. I've made them several times, omitting the walnuts and raisins. You can make them pretty much any size...snack size and larger. A no miss recipe, perfect for everyone.