Golden Chicken and Autumn Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Add sweet potatoes and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 160 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 7, 2018
I browned the chicken in a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil. I used reduced sodium chicken broth and dried parsley. I was unable to get fresh green beans, so I bought frozen and let them defrost before adding them to the pan. Amazing one pan meal that is good for you and delicious too!
Oct 28, 2013
This recipe has been sitting in my recipe box for years & I had never made it. Finally dug it out & made it last night. I'm glad I did as it was very good...the whole family enjoyed it. Plus it was easy & quick to pull together.
Mar 31, 2013
This recipe is quick , easy and seems to be pretty healthy. I added poultry seasoning rather than the seasoning listed.