Apple Stuffing Balls
I served these fun appetizers for the first time on Thanksgiving. My family asked me to make them several times after that, so the tasty little bites made an appearance on my Christmas spread that year, too. We love them so much they've become a holiday tradition. —Tracy Burdo, Burlington, Vermont
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes18 stuffing balls
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or just until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs, apples and the onion mixture. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.